- Thursday, May 30, 17:00 Naxoshalle Kino
- Japan 2019, 83 min, Japanese with English subtitles, released to all ages
- Director: Yoshinori SATO
- Production: Aerial Films
- Camera: Yoshinori SATO, Tomomitsu KITAMURA
- World sales: Geta Films
- Narration: Shinobu TERAJIMA
- International premiere in the presence of the director
- Competition Nippon Docs Award
Who wears a tiger mask and rides a bike through the streets of Shinjuku? Shinjuku Tiger of course! Embodying the special atmosphere of this Tokyo district, he enjoys going to the movies, chatting with beautiful actresses, and drinking good sake. In his documentary, Yoshinori SATO not only portrays a loveable eccentric, but sketches a fascinating part of local history.
Yoshinori SATO was born in Aichi Prefecture in 1975. He studied film at the University of Southern California, and initially worked mainly for TV productions. His first feature film BAD CHILD (2013) was shown at numerous international film festivals, as well as his second feature HER MOTHER (2016), which was screened at the Busan Film Festival and earned the actress Hiromi HAGOKI a special mention at the Festival International des Cinémas d’Asie de Vesoul. SHINJUKU TIGER (2019) is his first documentary film.