- Thursday, May 30, 20:00 Internationales Theater (Nippon Filmdinner)
- Sunday, June 2, 19:45 Mousonturm Saal (including award ceremony)
Kazoku no reshipi
- Singapore / Japan / France 2018, 90 min, Japanese with German subtitles, released to age 0 or older
- Director: Eric KHOO
- Script: Fong Cheng TAN, Kim Ho WONG
- Production: Wild Orange Artists, Zhao Wei Films, Comme of the Cinémas, Version Originale
- Camera: Brian Gothong TAN
- Distribution: Neue Visionen Filmverleih
- Cast: Takumi SAITO, Seiko MATSUDA, Mark LEE, Tsuyoshi IHARA, Jeanette AW
After young Ramen cook Masato (Takumi SAITO) suddenly loses his father, he finds his deceased mother’s diary and travels to Singapore, her birthplace. There, his uncle Ah Wee teaches him to cook the popular Singaporean pork rib soup Bak Kut Teh while Masato has to try to earn his grandmother’s blessing in order to bring his family back together.
Eric KHOO was born in Singapore in 1965 and studied film at the City Art Institute in Sydney. After a series of award-winning short films, he shot his first feature film MEE POK MAN (1995), which was shown at numerous festivals. KHOO was the first filmmaker from Singapore whose films were invited to big film festivals like Berlin, Venice, and Cannes. Among his best known works are BE WITH ME (2005) and the animated film TATSUMI (2011). Eric KHOO is also CEO of the production companies Zhao Wei Films and Gorylah Pictures.