- Friday, May 31, 19:30 Mal Seh’n Kino
- Saturday, June 1, 11:30 Mousonturm Saal
- Japan 2018, 118 min, Japanese with German subtitles
- Director: Hiroyasu ISHIDA
- Script: Makoto UEDA based on a novel by Tomihiko MORIMI
- Production: Studio Colorido
- Music: Umitaro ABE
- Distribution: AV Visionen
- Voice actors: Kana KITA, Yu AOI, Miki FUKUI, Megumi HAN, Rie KUGIMIYA
- German premieres in the presence of the director
Keen and a little headstrong: that’s Aoyama. He’s only in fourth grade, but is already counting his days until adulthood – only 3888 left! After a penguin colony surfaces in his neighborhood, Aoyama starts inquiring where they came from. Based on Tomihiko MORIMI’s novel, the film tells an unusual coming-of-age story glistening in pastel colors.
Hiroyasu ISHIDA, born 1988 in Aichi prefecture, studied animation at Kyoto Seika University. While studying, his short anime FUMIKO'S CONFESSION (2009) became an online phenomenon. His graduate film RAIN TOWN (2011) followed the viral sensation. Both works were awarded at the Japan Media Arts Festival. In 2011 he co-founded Studio Colorido in Tokyo, where his following shorts were made. His feature-length debut PENGUIN HIGHWAY (2018), also a Colorido production, won the Satoshi Kon Award for Best Animated Feature at the Fantasia International Film Festival in Montreal.
Presented by Kazé