- Saturday, June 1, 22:15 Naxoshalle Kino
- Japan 2018, 113 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director & script: Seiji TANAKA
- Production & world sales: One Goose
- Camera: Ryo TAKAHASHI
- Cast: Yoji MINAGAWA, Yoshitomo ISOZAKI, Mebuki YOSHIDA, Makoto HADA, Masanobu YADA
- German premiere in the presence of the director and of the actor Yoshitomo ISOZAKI
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
After graduating from a prestigious university, Kazuhiko finds himself working as a janitor at the local bathhouse. His job turns out to be much more thrilling than expected when Kazuhiko discovers that his colleague is a hitman and the bathhouse serves as a body disposal. Switching between several genres, like coming of age, crime, or black comedy, Seiji TANAKA delivers an outstanding feature debut.
After studying theater at Nihon University College of Art, Seiji TANAKA, born in 1987, went to study film in California. Following his return to Japan, he started writing and directing plays and movies, as well as working at a start-up company. He won the Japanese Cinema Splash Best Director Award for his first feature film MELANCHOLIC at the 31st Tokyo International Film Festival.