- Friday, May 31, 19:30 Mousonturm Saal
- Saturday, June 1, 17:45 Mal Seh’n Kino
- Japan 2018, 119 min, Japanese with English subtitles, released to age 16 or older
- Director & script: Junji SAKAMOTO
- Camera: Shingo GIMA
- Production & world sales: Kino Films
- Cast: Goro INAGAKI, Hiroki HASEGAWA, Chizuru IKEWAKI, Kiyohiko SHIBUKAWA, Miyako TAKEUCHI
- European premiere in the presence of the director and of the actor Kiyohiko SHIBUKAWA
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
Ko, a man in his late 30s, lives in the countryside with his wife and teenage son. Mitsuhiko, who runs a local car dealership, also stayed in his hometown. One day, their mutual friend Eisuke returns from a long military operation and their reunification brings back both pleasant and painful memories. Junji SAKAMOTO’s delicately performed drama received the Audience Award at the Tokyo International Film Festival 2018.
Junji SAKAMOTO was born in Sakai (Osaka Prefecture) in 1958. He started his career as an assistant director, working with Sogo ISHII, among others. His directing debut KNOCKOUT (1989) won a number of newcomer awards. His movies MY HOUSE (2003) and THE PROJECTS (2016) were both screened at NIPPON CONNECTION Film Festival.