And Your Bird Can Sing
- Wednesday, May 29, 16:30 Mousonturm Saal
- Thursday, May 30, 19:45 Mal Seh’n Kino
Kimi no tori wa utaeru
- Japan 2018, 106 min, Japanese with English subtitles, released to age 12 or older
- Director: Sho MIYAKE
- Script: Sho MIYAKE based on a novel by Yasushi SATO
- Production: Hakodate Cinema Iris, Pigdom
- Camera: Hidetoshi SHINOMIYA
- World sales: SDP
- Cast: Tasuku EMOTO, Shizuka ISHIBASHI, Shota SOMETANI, Masato HAGIWARA, Makiko WATANABE
- In the presence of the director
A young man spends the summer with his new girlfriend and his roommate, drifting through clubs in Hakodate. While they slowly form a ménage à trois, they realize their unusual bond will not last. Sho MIYAKE’s melancholic generation portrait includes the most atmospheric club scene ever caught on film.
Sho MIYAKE, born 1984 in Sapporo, attended Tokyo Film School. His 2008 short film TONGUE OF SPY won the Grand Prix of the 5th Cineastes Organization Osaka (CO2) in 2009. His second film PLAYBACK was selected for international competition at the 2012 Locarno International Film Festival. His documentary THE COCKPIT brought him the Nippon Visions Jury Award at NIPPON CONNECTION 2015.
In cooperation with Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung